September 2017 Minutes
- In lieu of a regular monthly business meeting, an informal meeting was held on Sunday, September 17 as we were moving artwork back in the gallery, after floor refinishing.
- Due to the fact that one glass door on the display cabinet broke during moving, we voted to take out the other door, to make displayed art more accessible & for aesthetic reasons.
- David announced that gallery members, in a secret vote, moved & seconded the motion that Colleen and Will would not have to pay dues in October, as a thank you payment from the gallery, for all of their time and efforts in removing the carpet and installing the new floor in the gallery. Thad was presented with a gift certificate for all of his hard work on our behalf. The floor looks awesome and we are all beyond grateful!!!!
- Ami shared that the Arts of the Pamlico is looking for vendors and submissions for Duck Stamps for the Wildlife festival, to be held in February. She also mentioned the Wildlife Art Show in Greenville is looking for vendors for the Jan. 26 show. It was suggested some may want a “group” show, with several members, who could share the fee. Let Ami know if you may be interested.
- A reminder about Debby's quilt show - “Not For the Bed Quilts”, will be in the back gallery thru October, with the reception on Thursday, Oct. 19, during Art Walk.
- A Portrait show will be in the back gallery during November, with submissions from the public.
- Kathleen will start her portrait classes will start soon, on Monday nights.
- Friday, December 8 will be our Holiday Reception/party.
- Members were reminded that the set-up and reception for Sylvan Bird Park will be on Thursday, Nov. 2.